Are you not helping anyone when that’s what you want to do?
Come join folks deeply motivated to deliver the best patient experience - an experience like no other.
In this role, you'll work with many people and build strong relationships. You need to be a great communicator who's friendly and always ready to try to understand what others need and want. You'll need to know the company's policies and systems inside out and be persuasive when teaching them to others. You'll need to work quickly and accurately, handling details efficiently, especially dealing with people. If you're in charge of others, you must make sure they're doing their job correctly and handle any necessary corrections in a positive way. Above all, you must stick to guidelines and established policies while still being a team player who goes the extra mile for the best results!
- Greet and attend to patients in person and over the phone.
- Professionally assist doctors, staff, visitors, and patients.
- Maintained business inventory such as checking supplies, scheduling equipment and maintenance repairs.
- Answer all phone calls professionally and courteously.
- Perform all duties within HIPAA regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of all doctor, staff, and patient information.
- Schedule appointments between doctors and patients.
- Liaise between medical departments with discretion and professionalism
- Assist with admissions/treatment as per agreed protocols.
- Ensure that stock levels are adequate and orders are made timeously.
- Communicate medical results to patients under clinical supervision.
- Complete, accurate documentation of patient visits.
- Enter Checkout information into EMR
- Create new patients charts ensuring accurate and complete information
- Add patient insurance information to patient charts
- Take copies of insurance cards during the patient visit and input them into the EMR system
- Ensure a checkout sheet is completed for the patient during each visit, and the patient has all educational information upon completion of their visit.
- Ensure all information in the EMR system is current upon each check-in, and change outdated information as needed.
- Fix insurance errors as the billing staff notes them
- Call patients before appointments to verify the appointment date and time. Notate all communications with the patient.
- Check the voicemail system each morning. Forward messages that need to be forwarded and return phone calls as necessary.
- Views patients in the hospital system and moves patient information to the DocsInc program for billing. Adds new patient information to the EMR system.
- Each day is different from the next, especially in personal interactions
- Fast-paced environment
- Very socially focused; requires "how can I help you?" attitude
- Lots of attention is spent on building and maintaining relationships, especially where helping, not pressuring, others fosters the relationship
- Adherence to established guidelines and procedures is important Important to involve others in the decision-making; there is a need to build consensus rather than make decisions alone
- Open, flowing communication is important Position requires working with and through others, especially in a helping role There is a need for a persuasive, "selling" (rather than "telling") communication style
- Team environment: a leader must be willing to jump in and roll up his/her sleeves to help out when necessary Need someone who leads by example, with first-hand knowledge of an area of expertise
- Strong, friendly follow-up is necessary on tasks delegated to ensure proper results
Nothing is more rewarding than the opportunity to experience firsthand feedback from the people you care for! We make a difference in people’s lives! And they will let you know it! And because you impact our community, The Kidney Experts, PLLC, ensures that we also care for you! Check out your benefits package!
- 100% coverage of your health, vision, and dental insurance after one month of employment
- 3% towards a 401k after six months of employment
- 1-week of PTO accrued over the year that increases after your initial year of employment
- 1-week sick leave accrued over the year; can be used for family members as well
- Short-term disability after one month of employment
- Long-term disability after one month of employment
- $50,000 Life Insurance Policy
As a receptionist at The Kidney Experts, we guarantee you will help more people than you can imagine!
Some of the hobbies of the current staff include pursuing music endeavors such as clarinet, harmonica, drums, guitar, and bass, hunting and fishing, dirt track racing, photography, videography, insect macro photography, bargain shopping, travel, and cooking!
NO EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED!