Scribing is a life-changing experience. You’ll gain first-hand, real-life experience in the medical field by working side-by-side with healthcare providers.
• Accompany providers during patient visits to assist in documenting the provider assessment and exam
• Become an expert in how to appropriately document patient history, physical exams, assessments, diagnostic results, medical procedures, treatment plans, and medical opinions of consultants
• Interact with your provider to capture accurate diagnoses, pharmacy prescriptions, and patient follow-up instructions
• Assist providers in obtaining lab and radiology results to help guide their patient care
• Gain knowledge on how to discover past history and test results on patients, which are critical in driving medical decisions by your provider
• Understand the flow of patient encounters in your facility to assist the care team in making patient visits as efficient as possible. Follow the progress of labs, imaging studies, and other real-time patient data
• Perform a variety of other non-clinical tasks dependent on your provider’s requests
• Understand basic documentation requirements for the World Health Organization’s International Classification of Diseases (ICD-10)
• Ensure compliance with all national and local patient privacy laws, including HIPAA and HITECH
This job focuses on producing high-quality, detailed work based on established standards, guidelines, and procedures. Precise, consistent work output requires patience and a willingness to handle and complete one task at-a-time. The job environment is stable, based on known relationships with people and well-defined processes. Job knowledge and competency are built through structured step-by-step training and positive, supportive coaching from management and peers. Communication with others is based on knowledge of repetitive job routines and procedures gained from sufficient on-the-job experience. Consistent, error-free work based on defined regulations and standards are key measures of job performance success. The job environment promotes steady, methodical work output so that job routines can be completed on time and error-free. This position is designed to develop a valued technical expert who, recognized and supported by management and a stable work environment, can deliver quality work consistently.
Nothing is more rewarding than the opportunity to experience firsthand feedback from the people you care for! We make a difference in people’s lives! And they will let you know it! And because you impact our community, The Kidney Experts, PLLC, ensures that we also take care of you! Check out your benefits package!
As a Scribe at The Kidney Experts, we guarantee you will help more people than you can imagine!
Serious - Diligent - Reserved
Understanding of rules and regulations - Specific knowledge of the job - Freedom from risk of error
Some of the hobbies of the current staff include pursuing music endeavors such as clarinet, harmonica, drums, guitar, and bass, hunting and fishing, dirt track racing, photography, videography, insect macro photography, bargain shopping, travel, and cooking!