Under supervision of the Practice Manager and in collaboration with other team members, provides direct and indirect patient care in accordance with professional standards of care, state regulations and accreditation standards.
Reports to the Practice Manager
- Greet and attend to patients in person and over the phone.
- Professionally assist doctors, staff, visitors, and patients.
- Maintained business inventory such as checking supplies, scheduling equipment and maintenance repairs.
- Answer all phone calls professionally and courteously.
- Perform all duties within HIPAA regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of all doctor, staff, and patient information.
- Schedule appointments between doctors and patients.
- Liaise between medical departments with discretion and professionalism
- Assist with admissions/treatment as per agreed protocols.
- Ensure that stock levels are adequate and orders are made timeously.
- Communicate medical results to patients under clinical supervision.
- Complete, accurate documentation of patient visits.
- Enter Checkout information into EMR
- Create new patients charts ensuring accurate and complete information
- Add patient insurance information to patient charts
- Take copies of insurance cards during the patient visit and input them into the EMR system
- Ensure a checkout sheet is completed for the patient during each visit, and the patient has all educational information upon completion of their visit.
- Ensure all information in the EMR system is current upon each check-in, and change outdated information as needed.
- Fix insurance errors as the billing staff notes them
- Call patients before appointments to verify the appointment date and time. Notate all communications with the patient.
- Check the voicemail system each morning. Forward messages that need to be forwarded and return phone calls as necessary.
- Views patients in the hospital system and moves patient information to the DocsInc program for billing. Adds new patient information to the EMR system.
- Each day is different from the next; especially in personal interactions
- Fast-paced environment
- Very socially-focused; requires "how can I help you?" attitude
- Lots of attention is spent on building and maintaining relationships, especially where helping, not pressuring, others fosters the relationship
- Adherence to established guidelines and procedures is important Important to involve others in the decision-making; there is a need to build consensus rather than make decisions alone
- Open, flowing communication is important Position requires working with and through others, especially in a helping role There is a need for a persuasive, "selling" (rather than "telling") communication style
- Team environment: a leader must be willing to jump in and roll up his/her sleeves to help out when necessary Need someone who leads by example, with first-hand knowledge of an area of expertise
- Strong, friendly follow-up necessary on tasks delegated to ensure proper results